Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do You Agree With This Guy?

I found this video while looking around on God Tube, now tangle.com. The young man, Josh, is expressing his opinion on a subject that has divided the Christian community for decades. I think a lot of believers agree with Josh; I don't. I think that the views that Josh shares in his vid are the very reason why the Christian worldview--and its secular, traditionalist counterpart--has lost the culture. I understand where Josh is coming from when he says that Christians can't and shouldn't take the things of the world to honor God. But everything we could ever use to honor God comes from the "world" in the since that it comes from sinful humans. If we can't use rock music to sing God's praises, can we use ANY music, ANY art, to do so? ALL art, after all, comes from human beings. I believe it is neutral; it will convey whatever spirit is in the people making it. I don't believe that a certain type of spirit is inherent to particular types of art. But that's just my opinion. Give a listen to Josh's view and then decide for yourself.

3 comments:

Steve Crenshaw said...

Good point but I agree with you. What will we use if not things from the world?

mwood6917 said...

I somewhat agree and don't. This man was very stray on the way he organized his thoughts, but his point didn't make sense. I don't really believe in christian modern rock or any of that crap. If you can't tell what the singer is saying, then there is nothing to learn. And when the singers are pop stars, its hard to be a good role model and stay straight with your priorities. So, the video was poorly made, but his main point made sense.

Anonymous said...

In a worst case scenario the bill can be significantly higher.

You will find plenty to see and so many other who left
due to time.

my blog post :: paphos car hire