Monday, December 05, 2005

Welcome to God and Me!

Hello friends! Welcome to "God and Me". To those of you who know me from my first blog, PoorGrrl Zone (PGZ), glad you decided to stop by! For you newbies, hope you like what I have to offer.

"God and Me" is going to be the place where I'll try to sort out my somewhat confused relationship with God and religion. As friends of PGZ know, I'm an unchurched believer. That is, I believe in God but don't attend church or identify myself formally with any organized religion. But if I have to call myself anything, it would be a strong Christian sympathizer. I am, as I like to say, unchurched but not anti-church.

I believe the Bible is the word of God. I believe in the doctrines of orthodox Christianity; but I'm not totally comfortable with all of the implications, as I see them, of those doctrines. Hence, "God and Me". With this blog, I'll explore my confusions, dissatisfactions, and disappointments with faith, especially Christianity. Maybe, if I'm lucky, people who're much more mature than I am in (the) faith will read my blog and provide me with some answers or, at least, a new way of looking at things. So, once again, welcome to "God and Me". Hope you enjoy the journey.

No comments: